RED Engineering is an SME that delivers engineering projects that make working in hazardous environments safer. Based in Hexham in the heart of Northumberland, RED provides engineering consultancy, equipment and testing services across the oil and gas, nuclear and offshore renewable energy industries.
RED is currently recruiting an Test Engineer – Test to work with the Test Projects Team and support the delivery of RED projects to achieve our QUEST performance criteria.
- Interpretation of client specification requirements and definition of test procedures to achieve a successful test outcome.
- Design of test equipment / test rigs including issue of documentation to facilitate equipment supply. Verify that the equipment designs are fit for purpose by use of industry codes, company design checking and approval procedures.
- Drive assembly and testing activities in accordance with appropriate RED procedures.
- Provide technical guidance to technicians during test rig assembly, commissioning and through tests.
- Collation of test data, interpretation and subsequent production of engineering / test reports.
Skills & Experience
- Approximately 2 years experience in a design / office and practical engineering environment.
- Ability to produce Technical reports and associated data analysis.
- Engineering design ability, use of relevant CAD packages.
- Ability to represent RED to Clients.
- Completer finisher with a can do attitude.
- Self-leading to achieve objectives.
- Task orientated & organised.
- Supportive team player.
- Problem solver.
Benefits of working at RED
- A positive company culture with a focus on maintaining a vibrant and happy workplace .
- Interesting technology and diverse projects across a range of industries.
- Be part of a close-knit, industry leading engineering team.
- Unique combination of employee benefits including Employee Benefit Trust.
Please submit your application here
We politely advise that we are not seeking the support of a recruitment consultant / agency and any applications sent in via an agent will not be considered.